Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dryer Sheet Dress

This week, I competed against more than 20 people at the FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) Texas State Leadership Conference in the Recycle and Redesign category. I had to turn something old into something new, so I decided to make a dress out of dryer sheets and the inside of a cat food bag for the top. It took me a total of 62 hours to make the dress, using a total of 582 dryer sheets. The dress only costed a total of $4.19 though!

All of my hard work definitely paid off and I got 1st place, therefore moving me on to nationals! I also received a scholarship to FIDM (my dream school)!

Nationals will be July 6-11, so keep an eye out because I'll be posting an update on how I did! :)





I even made a matching purse! More pictures of the dress are on my Instagram: @felicia_murray

No comments:

Post a Comment